Being a Busy Bee

Hello all,

At this moment I do a lot of things at the same time, interchangeable. I have to prepare for the exam next week, write my project, prepare my ITR, write a semiotic assignment and answer questions about the RMC 4 assignment.

I will share some of the things happened this week. Last week we had a very interesting guest lecture of Jan Rijkenberg, who wrote the book 'Concepting'.

Jan told us a lot of interesting and inspiring insights about his way of thinking and his book. What I found very interesting was that he told us that people are more interesting in mindware stuff and that we have to change the marketing toolbox. At this time we are going to 'the communication driven phase' (concepting) and 'the communicator' becomes the new type of leader. He gave a lot of interesting examples that had triggered me. A lot of the things Jan explained, we already knew. But it was very nice to hear it from another perspective. He gave us a title of a book: 'The naked Ape, that inspired him to write his book 10 years ago.

He also inspired me to read 'The naked Ape' for my second book presentation.

The class today was also very interesting. Geoff Maree told us about creativity and how we should use creative techniques in our application company. During the morning he explained us a lot of theory about the basic skills of creativity and showed us a lot of creative techniques.

This afternoon we used the creativity techniques in groups to come up with new ideas. This was a very nice exercise and we had a lot of fun. Time flew by and we came up with a lot of important insights. For example: When you organize a creative session, it's very important to have fun, have a nice, inspiring location, have a good preperation and try to focus on the quantity of ideas.

I have to quit writing because I have to do a thousand things.

Regards,
Sanne

0 comments: